Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Finally..

Well the presentation for eMCy went very well... or should I say, better than I expected?
The point where it was referred as kitsch actually, intentional. I wasn't searching for a high-art design (what a term!), but more of a subtle but goofy design. Actually I can hardly call it a design, it's more of a rapid protoype to be worked on.
After the presentation I figured out something new: the rapid prototype of eMCy is actually encouraging people of whatelse it can be: Can it be a journal? Can it connect to the internet and create a whole map of moods? Can it be shaken in order to delete a sound clip? Can be built by an accelerometer? or with a tilt-switch? Can it be prettier? The more feedback I'm having, the crazier it became.

eMCy, the great toy for recording the sound of the loved ones and share it with moments of different moods, can be the direction I would like to go for my thesis. I am willing to work on it during the summer to see which way I am going with it.

For the sake of documentation:
This is the presentation for eMCy ( a cheezy little powerpoint) and this is the documentation of eMCy.

.. and my secret for hard days: http://icanhascheezburger.com/ lolcats tagged for your convenience.

No comments: